Tuesday, August 3, 2010

oh BOYs

Today was beyond amazing, just for the simple fact that I got to go back to work for the first time in 2 weeks! In just that short of a time I had forgotten the joy that the two boys I watch bring into my life, just by spending ten hours a day with them. Today was a reminder of that. As we were building a fort out of an old couch, rubber inner tubes, the back porch and the pool ladder, I just where I experienced pure delight at the opportunity to share the lives of these two little boys and get to know their characters. It occurred to me again that the time I am investing in them this summer serves as so much more than just a paycheck; that I am at least a small part of helping guide them into the men that they will become someday, and that they are a huge part of helping me develop skills that my own children (God willing) will benefit from in the future. All this from a backyard fort. I thank God for it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment