Thursday, October 14, 2010

Revival

So I was reading a book a while back and there was a particularly vivid chapter where this woman is going through a "wintry" period, if you will, in her life, and she becomes a gardener for a woman whose rose bushes are all dead and dying to the naked eye. As she prunes and cuts and mulches the roses day after day, she simultaneously experiences pain, grief, and "pruning" in her own life. It's kind of a cheesy chapter, and you can totally see where the author is going with the extended metaphor the entire time, but at the same time, something about it still resonates with me.

I feel like the last few months have been like this for me. I've been quite numb, dead looking on the inside to those that payed attention. Being at Corban was my summer blooming season. I grew and grew and blossomed and became this gorgeous, fragrant flower. Yes I still had my thorns, but the beauty of my life totally drew the attention away from them. Then this major change came in my life, and i started to wither; deaden. Now, recently i've realized that Christ has been silently pruning and cutting away parts of me to reveal something underneath. it's still not spring, I have no green in my branches, no moisture has seeped past the core to my limbs, but He's resurrecting the part of me that He nursed the last three years; the statue of faith that He sculpted. I can see His glory coming in my life in an even bigger way than i've yet experienced, and I have a feeling it's going to be through the lives of 4 of what i would have thought the unlikeliest of sources before. along with a few others i've yet to meet.

bring on the next year's buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment