Thursday, July 29, 2010
The glory of living real
So, since I shared entirely way too much personal stuff for my first day, I think day 2 will be something a little less journally and a little more something else. First of all, I have amazing friends who take care of me, each in their own capacity. But I got to thinking about it, and the more I'm away from school, the more time I spend with real people. Something about the college environment that's amazing while you're in it (don't get me wrong, it's awesome) just stresses me out. It definitely FEELS surreal. Life just has a temporary feel. But being around real people all in different stages of life is so refreshing and a great reminder of all our perfect imperfections. It's just oh so wonderful. What's your favorite part about "real" life? I just know I'm not the only one who's picked up on it, that's all. :) I love that we serve a God so creative to have thought up all the different possible life situations, and the relationships that go along with each of those circumstances. It just baffles me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My favorite part of "real" life is the permanence. I hate change and I love knowing that people and places that I love will always be there ... so that's probably the biggest thing I struggle with when I am faced with going back to school.
ReplyDeleteI love this blog Linds! I can't wait to read more! :)
But even more than this blog, I LOVE YOU!
Yeah, I think that might be it. The permanence of real life and the everlastingness of Christ's love is comforting when everything else feels so shaky. I'm glad that we can always count on each other's friendship and love Carrie! I love you too.
ReplyDeleteon a side note: do you have a blog?