Monday, August 2, 2010

Ecstasy derived from plans gone awry

Sometimes the best fun comes from the worst events. This week, I either lost my wallet or it was stolen, I am still unsure, and so was forced to depend on my friends for anything requiring money, because mine was inaccessible in Oregon without ID. SO, I decided to keep looking for my wallet, but never did find it. Through the generosity of friends I was able to get home, but I had also left my car keys at an office that was closed when we were available to go retrieve it. Long story short I had to stay in Salem a day longer than planned and miss a day of work. I was very upset when this happened, thinking my life was ruined because I really wanted to go home. So I was shuffled around with a few of my friends. In this shuffling I wound up being blessed with the opportunity to build my relationship with two of my good friends and even meet a new one. I learned a lot about trusting God even in circumstances that seem to be horrible, that He is so very powerful that he turned my frustration and anger at being stuck into the bliss of fellowship and conversation.

4 comments:

  1. so sorry about your wallet!! You didn't say anything!!! So sorry friend!!! Glad you are home safe and sound...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meesh, I lost it sometime after Friday afternoon...didn't realize it for quite a while though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... I bet you've also realized you lost a mickey mouse jacket, and maybe a brown towel... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually, I didn't miss the jacket until this morning, and I don't think the towel's mine. Mine was green. can you save my jacket for a few weeks, puhlease? :) love you meesh. still can't thank you enough for all your generosity the last two weeks.

    ReplyDelete